The-IRC Hosting Administration Team wrote:
Just use a cvsup file like this and run it with cvsup -g -L 2 cvs-supfile
*default host=cvsup4.us.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_7
*default delete
*default compress
*default use-rel-suffix
src-all

After you've obtained the new sourcecode do the following.

`cd /usr/src'       (or to the directory containing your source tree).
`make buildworld'
`make buildkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE'     (default is GENERIC).
`make installkernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE'   (default is GENERIC).
`reboot'        (in single user mode: boot -s from the loader prompt).
`mergemaster -p'
`make installworld'
`mergemaster'
`reboot'

Hi all,

I mentioned I'd report back. I followed the usual upgrade instructions provided above. Everything built and installed smoothly.

Before:
%uname -rims
FreeBSD 6.3-PRERELEASE i386 GENERIC

After:
%uname -rims
FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE i386 GENERIC

So all seems well. I won't mention ports here, I am just concerned with kernel and world for now.

That said... YMMV, #include <disclaimer.h>, etc

Regards,
Adam J Richardson