On Sunday 09 March 2008 07:23:14 am Manolis Kiagias wrote:
> Viktor Penkov wrote:
> > Hi everybody!!!I've installed the new release of fbsd, but I can't mount
> > my ext3 partitions.can somebody help me with this?
> > best regards

> Have a look at
>
> man 5 ext2fs
>
> for instructions.
>
> You will have to mount ext3 as ext2. This is possible as long as the
> ext3 filesystem is not "dirty" (i.e. the journal is clean, meaning the
> volume was properly dismounted last time you used it). Mind you, IIRC,
> if you write something to the disk while it is mounted as ext2, it will
> probably go through a long fsck next time you reboot into Linux
> (assuming you are sharing this partition between Linux and FreeBSD).

This may be mentioned in the manpage, but in case it's not, sysutils/e2fsprogs
is an invaluable tool for those wishing to deal with ext[2|3]fs on FreeBSD.

--
Thanks,

Josh Paetzel

PGP: 8A48 EF36 5E9F 4EDA 5A8C 11B4 26F9 01F1 27AF AECB

  • ext3 Viktor Penkov
    • Re: ext3 Manolis Kiagias
      • Re: ext3 Josh Paetzel