E. J. Cerejo wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2008 20:12:45 -0400 Vinny
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I was trying to use portupgrade on totem and ran into a problem
with references for libc.so.7 failing to resolve.  I have a
libc.so.6, of course, seeing as libc.so.7 is for FreeBSD 7, isn't
it?

uname -a FreeBSD the.pal...ofretention.ca 6.3-PRERELEASE FreeBSD
6.3-PRERELEASE #0: Wed Jan 16 09:32:16 EST 2008 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/THE i386

[snip]

You updated the port that put libc.so.6 in your system, you need to
find out which port it came from and then find out which which ports
depend on it and rebuild them also and then the problem will be
fixed.  I use /usr/ports/sysutils/bsdadminscripts which tells me
exactly which ports need to be rebuilt.

Hi E. J.,

Is it true that a port put libc.so.6 in my system?
I thought it was part of the base system (i.e. the world as in
buildworld).

I'm a bit (more) confused now.

Vinny