Pollywog wrote:
On Wednesday 12 March 2008 19:37:47 Manolis Kiagias wrote:

I have cups working on my system, printing on locally attached USB
printers. I have followed the instructions in dekstopBSD wiki:

http://desktopbsd.net/wiki/doku.php?id=doc:printing

(though I used ports and not packages)

Did you find it necessary to recompile the kernel with ulpt disabled?

I have a HP PSC2110 "All-In-One" that I can use in Linux (printing and scanning) but was unable to get working in FreeBSD. I believe part of the solution is to disable ulpt and recompile the kernel, but I had trouble getting hplip to work. FreeBSD does not have hpoj, which is what I use in Linux with this printer.