RW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:59:30 +0100
> bsd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Simply put, the question is: should I force recompile all my
>> installed ports since I have updated my system?
>
> In the long term it's a good idea to do it, but there's no hurry
> unless you see a specific library problem. You could just install
> misc/compat5x, wait a bit and then do a portupgrade -f '<2008-03-14'
> when most ports have been updated anyway.

The problem with that advice is that it's extremely likely to result
in some ports getting linked against some libraries from 5 and some
from 6, which will probably result in them breaking.  It's a much
better idea to do everything at once in dependency order, before doing
any other kind of port upgrades (or adding new ports, for that matter).