Roberto Nunnari wrote:
yes. here it is.

Thank you.
Robi.

Wojciech Puchar wrote:

entries in hostname.mc
FEATURE(virtusertable, `hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')
FEATURE(genericstable, `hash -o /etc/mail/genericstable')
GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/generics-domains')

MX hostnames are all A records.

well, as long as the users receive/send emails from/to external domains
everything works just fine, but when:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] sends to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or viceversa

the message gets to the right user, but the from header is
changed to [EMAIL PROTECTED], mailbox that doesn't exists!

could you please show whole hostname.mc

I assume that you've commented out all of the MASQUERADE and GENERICS stuff
as part of your attempt to debug the problem and that you ultimately intend
to enable those capabilities.

Hmmm... not entirely certain, but I believe the part you are missing is:

FEATURE(limited_masquerade)dnl

This causes sendmail to only apply masquerading to the domains listed in
class {M} -- ie. what is listed in /etc/mail/generics-domains.  Without
that sendmail will also masquerade for any host in class {w} which includes
any contents of /etc/mail/local-host-names,  all the interfaces of your
server by IP and any names those interfaces resolve into as well.  You
can see what the resulting lists are on your system by running

  sendmail -bt

and then typing $=w or $=M at the prompt.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                 Flat 3
                                                 Kent, CT11 9PW