Modulok wrote:
Perhaps I missed it somewhere in the man page, but is there a way to
list files with their permission bits displayed as numeric (octal, as
in chmod(1)), instead of symbolic? Something like:

ls -lF -imaginaryFlag

0755  4 Modulok  Modulok     512 Dec 17 18:39 dir1/
0644  1 Modulok  Modulok  101786 Feb 23 05:53 file1
0644  1 Modulok  Modulok  140097 Feb 13 23:38 file2

Thanks.
-Modulok-
Maybe something like this will suit you:

stat -f "%p %l %u %g %z %m %N" *

It produces output similar to the following:

100755 1 0 0 64 1201845218 blah

The fields that I choose are in the man page, so it should be easy reading, and is pretty close to `ls -l`.

As for as `ls` having this ability, it doesn't.

Cheers.