Sam Fourman Jr. writes:

>  I Think the real trouble here is that Adobe, does not want to
>  make us a native FreeBSD version.

        The last time I looked into this:
        Adobe does not (seem to) have a problem with FreeBSD; indeed, I
got the impression they barely know we exist.
        What they seem resistant to is publishing a complete and
accurate specification that would allow third parties to write
interface code.
        This is said to be changing with Flash 10.  /If/ I remember
correctly, the guts will still be proprietary but it will connect to
a wrapper whose interface will publicly available.  (Search keyword
= "ActionScript" ???)

                                        Robert Huff