--On Tuesday, March 18, 2008 11:36:53 -0400 Alexander Sack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I believe the issue is that MNT_NODEV which should be defined in
/usr/include/sys/mount.h was deprecated and removed from FreeBSD:

http://ftp.cz.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-cvs/gnats/conf/79715

At line 42 in hgfsmounter.c, add

#     define MNT_NODEV  0

Then rebuild.  SHould work fine now.

Thanks. I was contacted privately by someone else on the list and advised of the same thing. I chose to remove the lines mentioning MNT_NODEV from the hgfsmounter.c file. I wasn't aware you could simply define it as 0. Which is preferable?

I configured my build environment via the README with ./configure
LDFLAGS="/usr/local/lib" etc.

I'm compiling and making without problems now that the NODEV problem is cleared up, but I didn't define any LDFLAGS. Should I?

--
Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Senior Information Security Analyst