On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 03:37:05PM -0700, Bill Campbell wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008, Patrick Dung wrote:
> >Hello
> >
> >As title, I have tried xwd, it can't capture mouse curosr.
>
> I'm not sure how a simple screen capture program would capture
> the mouse cursor since they all ask that you either click on a
> screen or select a rectangle from the entire screen.
>
> It seems to me that one would have to use some kind of video
> screen capture from which one could select frames showing the
> cursor as needed from working sessions.

If you use xv (graphics/xv), install it, launch it, right click on the
splash screen, there is a "Grab" button which when pressed can be
configured to grab a window after a set time but unfortunately it
doesn't grab the cursor.

I guess you could always Gimp it in by grabbing pngs/gifs of the
various cursors off the 'net.

xv is quite a useful program for graphics that is worth installing.
IMO.

Imagemagik for batch processing, Gimp for drawing things from scratch
and fancy effects, xv for quick "point & drool" transformations.

--

 Frank