Being I am a newcomer to freeBSD, on my first install google turned up a how to for getting my box on the Internet as a firewall/DHCP/DNS server. Since, I've been learning the packet filtering program (pf). Everytime I read a question on ipfw I quickly get confused.

What are the major advantages one over the other? I hope not to sound biased but pf seems more user friendly, easier to implement, and less verbose?

David