Eduardo Cerejo wrote:
On Linux systems, there is no base system 'make', so GNU make is
installed as 'make'. On FreeBSD systems, there is a base system make
that is maintained by the FreeBSD project, so GNU make is installed as
'gmake'. The main differences in making with them is that GNU make and
FreeBSD make accept different arguments, and their makefile syntaxes
have discrepancies.

What kind of documentation is available on FreeBSD's make, other than the man
page?  I was browsing through /usr/share/doc/ but I didn't see anything related
to make.  I saw pmake but not make.

From the make man page:

 PMake - A Tutorial.  in /usr/share/doc/psd/12.make

Peter
--
http://www.boosten.org