I am planning to setup various services (including mail server, DNS
server, hosting / web services) that could potentially grow in a very
As a resonable person - I would like to plan It for my actual needs
(suiting the first year of exploitation = 1Tb) and after that
eventually grow the file system using the most simple and less anoying
I wanted to have your point of view on the potential way to build the
best hosting solution, knowing that most important things are:
- Use (if possible) a 100% compatible FBSD solution.
- Also be compatbile with other flavor of Unix (Linux,…).
- Offer an expandable and simple to manage solution for storage.
- Figure out a good solution for backup.
Today I have 2 solutions in mind:
1. Use a blade system including 2 or 3 blades at first with an
external attached storage device (whom type has to be defined);
2. Use various servers on their own and dispatch services accordingly
on each server.
3. Another solution…
I wanted to know:
- If anyone has been using blade system with FreeBSD and what problem
he has been facing?
- If you have some specific advise regarding File System configuration
- What storage solution you find best and easiest to manage?
Main point is: stability and sustainable.
Thanks for your support.
Gregober ---> PGP ID --> 0x1BA3C2FD
bsd @at@ todoo.biz
P "Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"