On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 07:05:38PM -0800, Remington L. wrote:
> I subscribe to the CVS mailing list. I'm noticing all these changes in
> /usr/src. Is this to 5.0?

5.0-CURRENT, yes.  Not 5.0-RELEASE.

> How can I tell?

Commits to branches (such as RELENG_5_0) have a special mail header,
and are noted as such in the commit log.

> And if it is in a frereze when will it unfreeze. If it is unfrozen I
> must have my cvsupfile tags wrong, is this correct? "*default
> tag=RELENG_5_0"

Release branches (like RELENG_5_0, RELENG_4_7_0, etc) only receive
security fixes.  Stable brances (like RELENG_4) receive merges from
the head of the tree (5.0-CURRENT).  See the handbook for more
information about the FreeBSD CVS tree structure.

Kris