On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 at 08:47 +1100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] confabulated:

Hey William,

Was in a similar situation about a month ago.. I knew the drive was on its way out but once it went, i could not retrieve the data nor use it under freebsd even under a new system. My drive had physical issues.

I got the drive, stuck it in a 3.5inch usb enclosure and plugged it into a ms windows box. Then I used a free proggy called ffsdrv which i found on sourceforge.

Snipit -->

It enables you to read BSD(FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD) FFS partitions on Windows 2000/XP/2003.
http://ffsdrv.sourceforge.net/

Managed to get all data off this way.

This is just what I was looking for to mount an FBSD drive on XP. Thanks! I was able to completely transfer all data from the drive just now.

----
 _|
|_|