Excellent.  So many people talk about writing good docs, but you've done it.

The only quibble I have is that is seems more like a handbook topic than a FAQ
entry.  Especially as it grows.  It could eventually be expanded to a fuller
list of sources of general disk recovery information.

> I'm not sure this is the right place to put the information,
> but I couldn't see any better place."

How about section 12 of the handbook.  I think the best option would be to
place a short bit in the FAQ and point to the handbook doc.  The storage
section seems an appropriate place given reiterating the need for good
backups.
Just my $.02

Tim

P.S.  A similiar entry summarizing the answers to "I just deleted all of...
how do I get it back?"  Seems very useful.  I'm willing to write that this
weekend if someone else is willing to mark it up.