Hi Mark,
Actualy I'm not getting any error from bus_dmamem_alloc, that's the strange
thing.
Yet printing the dma_map pointer shows 0 unless I use bus_dmamap_create
after bus_dmamem_alloc.
bus_mamap_load doesn't fail in both cases.

I'm working on an Ethernet driver for FreeBSD, pinging messages larger than
MTU crash the kernel at some point, I'm investigating the dma direction at
the moment.

--Yony