On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

GgL>On Monday, 10 February 2003 at 16:24:15 -0500, Dan Delaney wrote:
GgL>> Since we're on the subject of archaic software, does anyone know of a
GgL>> good PDP-11 emulator that will run on FreeBSD? I'd like one that can
GgL>> run the RSTS/E operating system. This is strictly for nostalgic
GgL>> purposes :-) I learned how to program on a PDP-11 with RSTS/E back in
GgL>> 1983. I still have copies of a bunch of the programs I wrote for it.
GgL>
GgL>I'd recommend p11, which for some reason isn't in the Ports
GgL>Collection.  It was written on FreeBSD, so it should be trivial to
GgL>add.  I'm copying the authors; Harti, feel like committing?

Good idea. I have, however, no experience with making a port and I have
removed my port commit bit :-) As it is it should build out of the box on
FreeBSD, because that is were I do my development. I'l look into the port
stuff.

The latest versions of p11 and libbegemot are at
ftp://ftp.fokus.{fraunhofer,gmd}.de/pub/cats/usr/harti/p11

harti
--
harti brandt, http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private
              [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]