I have a question regarding setting up a VPN on a multihomed WAN link,
we are thinking about setting up a site with two load balanced ADSL
links that includes a site to site VPN.
Will this multi-home setup be co-ordinated with a single ISP?
The problem with this setup is that most ISP's can not guarantee which
LNS your ADSL will connect to, ingress traffic may not be load-balanced,
or may not work at all.
Does anyone have any experience in this kind of setup that could offer
up any advice?
Yes, but we need a few questions answered first.
- one or more ISP's (are you looking for ISP redundancy)
- will this particular site be the VPN end point for the other sites
(and do you have other ingress traffic to this site, ie web server,
email server etc)
- is your ISP(s) co-operative when it comes to changing their network to
suit it's clients
- does your ISP(s) support multi-link (aka bonded, aka bundled) ADSL links
- are you looking strictly for load-balancing, or do you want redundancy too
If you don't get too far here, you may want to migrate the thread over
email@example.com mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"