________________________________

From: Elwell, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:40 AM
To: 'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'
Subject: portsnap fetch errors

Greetings,

I get the following error when I run portsnap fetch:

Fetching 14248 new ports or files... /usr/sbin/portsnap: cannot open
d5742d6e9ca3b11450f23606ae6a16b391a12f4c7b2d4fc638513ce34f7c2c25.gz: No
such file or directory

snapshot is corrupt.

A quick search led to a similar problem in the past:

Justin Meyer wrote:

> I'm doing a portsnap fetch here, and getting the following error:

> [snip]

> Can anybody tell me what's going on here, or how to fix it?

Some files didn't get uploaded from the machine which performs the

portsnap builds to the mirrors due to a network outage (note to

self: I need to handle problems like this better!)

I've manually copied the missing files into the appropriate places

and everything should be working again now.

Colin Percival

Is this a similar problem, or do I likely have another issue?

Rich