Jim Stapleton wrote:
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:25 PM, Tim Judd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jim Stapleton wrote:
 > Can anyone give me information on keyboard initialization during
 > boot-up related to my issues listed below?
 >
 > In 6.2, my system booted up, and worked fine. [alt][ctrl][f#] would
 > switch consoles, and I was happy.
 > In 7.0, the same would not happen. After googling, I found some
 > multimedia keyboards, like mine, had keys to switch F# to a "special"
 > key. I hit a few keys that had weird pictures that didn't really
 > describe what they'd do, and I turned my F# keys, back into F# keys.
 >
 > Were there any changes between 6.2 and 7.0 that would cause 7.0 to
 > start up the keyboard in the alternate F# mode?
 >
 > Note, xev didn't recognize a keypress from any [F#] key when it was in
 > the alternate mode.
 >
 > Thanks,
 > -Jim Stapleton

 I have a Microsoft keyboard that places functions like "Save" "Open"
 "Reply" "Reply All" in the Function row keys F#.  There is a Function
 lock key I have to use in order to use F# keys as F# keys.  Annoys the
 crap out of me because it's no longer a keyboard and just a headache.

 Do you have a key on the top right of the keyboard that is labeled like
 a white F surrounded in a black square?  That's my Function lock key,
 and it displays an LED saying that I can now use my F# keys as F#.

 Good luck.

Yeah, mine is MS too. As I said I got it working by pressing one of
the buttons also. I was just wondering what changed between 6.2 and
7.0. There were no issues in 6.2

-Jim Stapleton
I haven't used my MS keyboard on 7.0 yet. the box it's hooked up to is a test box and i'm going through a torture session quickly. :P

I'll check it soon though. Are you looking for any feedback, any special specific feedback?

--Tim