/etc/fstab needs to be edited

/dev/cd0     /usr/home/Pedja/mnt/cdrom cd9660   rw, noauto      0       0

rw for cdrom?

/dev/acd0    /usr/home/Pedja/mnt/cdrom cd9660   rw, noauto      0       0
/dev/fd0     /usr/home/Pedja/mnt/floppy msdosfs rw, noauto      0       0
/dev/ugen0     /usr/home/Pedja/mnt/camera msdosfs rw, noauto      0       0

/etc/devfs.conf neets to be edited

# Allow all users to mount the floppy disk.
own       /dev/fd0    root:operator
perm      /dev/fd0    0666

# Allow members of the group operator to mount CD-ROMs.

perm      /dev/acd0   0666
perm      /dev/cd0    0666

# Commonly used by many ports  link  cd0 cdrom
link  cd0  dvd
link  cd0  rdvd

link  acd0 cdrom
link  acd0 dvd
link  acd0 rdvd

# Misc other devices

perm    cdrom   0666
perm    dvd     0666
perm    rdvd    0666
perm    cd0     0666
perm    ata     0666
perm    xpt0    0666
perm    pass0   0666
perm    /dev/uscanner0 0666
perm    usb*      0666
perm    ulpt*     0666
perm    lpt0    0666 perm    ugen*   0666

also you have to add in /etc/sysctl.conf

vfs.usermount=1

For USB stick also /etc/usbd.conf needs to be edited. I mount USB stick manually so figure out yourself.

Either read documentation or copy important files from PC-BSD.

I know that if I put gnome_enable in my /etc/rc.conf then it all works
BUT, I would prefer not to use gdm on bootup

Kevin replied to this. I would just add, if you want some other login manager to run, (xdm, wdm), you'd have to install them and enable them in rc.conf

If you follow Kevin's email by the letter, you'll have to log in to the text console and launch your X session manually.

I also am having trouble trying to get k3b to burn CD''s without being root

man devfs.conf