----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian A. Seklecki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "B. Bonev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:12 AM
Subject: Re: fault tolerance with FreeBSD for old DOS app

On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 19:36 +0200, B. Bonev wrote:
I want advice for old DOS app on Windows PC, that I need to make on 2
PC-s
fault tolerant. Any advice for working solution on FreeBSD?

Yep...rewrite the database in SQL with a PHP front end.  Import the data
from the old system.  Use a Radware/F5 Load Balancer for the web and
Slony-I for the database replication.

Welcome to 2008.
It is a accounting program, and will be too much efford for nothing. And I'm
not a programmer.
I 'm thinking for something like heartbeat, or realtime replication server -
2 identical machines,
and when one of them break, staff to continue their work, without too much
trouble...