Robert Huff wrote:
Predrag Punosevac writes:

 ThinkPads are the highest quality machines. I honestly thing that
 there is nothing on the market which matches their quality
 including Apple laptops.

        /Caveat emptor/.  I'm hearing reports from those who deal with
laptops much more that I do that quality has dropped substantially
since Lenovo took over.

I am on my second Thinkpad/Lenovo, first a G40, now a R61i. I only replaced my G40 because it wouldn't hold enough ram to run VMWare player. I do not think the quality has suffered at all. I cannot say it runs FreeBSD well, though any FreeBSD live CD ran without error and everything functioned on the G40. I run FreeBSD in VMWare on the R61i.

Fantastic keyboards, long battery life, great screens. They hold up very well as I am hard on equipment. These things are tanks.

DAve

--
In 50 years, our descendants will look back on the early years
of the internet, and much like we now look back on men with