>  I have a FreeBSD 7.0 install, and I am running the Gnome Desktop (2.22)
>  I was hoping that someone had a nice HOWTO or could paste their config files.
>  I want my usb sticks to auto mount when I insert them like they do on PC-BSD

It seems a discussion of amd (amtools port) is missing from this
discussion.  This would be the gui-less way of doing it, but it mounts
when you cd to the appropriate folder, not on boot.

These are good discussions:
    http://screamingelectron.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-2096.html
    http://renaud.waldura.com/doc/freebsd/automounting.txt

except for, in 7.0 (6.3?) the rc.conf setup has changed:

rc.conf:
rpcbind_enable=YES
rpcbind_flags="-h 127.0.0.1"
amd_enable=YES
amd_flags="-a /.amd_mnt -c 10 -w 2 -l syslog /host /etc/amd.map"

Steve