--- Begin Message ---
Some more info on this- I've just loaded 7.0 on the laptop and got this
from dmesg:

pci6: <mass storage> at device 6.3 (no driver attached)
pci6: <base peripheral> at device 6.4 (no driver attached)

Does this jog anyone's thoughts?

Which driver would it be looking for? And then how would I attach the
driver? devd.rules?

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 16:57 +1000, Da Rock wrote:
> I must be the only one who has this... Can anyone redirect me to a list,
> resource, whatever that my give me some clue to this problem?
>
> Cheers
>

> On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 10:42 +1000, Da Rock wrote:
> > I have mentioned this before in other threads, but it appears it
> > requires a thread of its own.
> >
> > I have a laptop with a card reader built in which I have never been able
> > to get to work. Everything I have looked up regarding these has to do
> > with usb versions, and other than the laptops my card readers are usb so
> > this shouldn't be a problem.
> >
> > In the laptops I have a texas instruments PCI card reader though, which
> > gives me a real headache. I can't seem to get them to operate at all, so
> > I'm left wondering about drivers and such. These are the specs:
> >
> > Mass storage controller: Texas Instruments PCIxx21 Integrated FlashMedia
> > Controller
> > 02:09.4 SD Host controller: Texas Instruments
> > PCI6411/6421/6611/6621/7411/7421/7611/7621 Secure Digital Controller
> >
> > I'm currently running Fedora (which seems to work), but I'd like to move
> > over to FreeBSD as soon as I can get all the features needed on these. I
> > seem to be making headway on most of these, so here's hoping.
> >
> > The card reader is capable of reading nearly all format cards, including
> > xD which is a main reason why I'd like to get it to work.
> >
> > Any links and info would be very appreciated.

--- End Message ---