On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 at 22:26 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] confabulated:

Warner Lambert wrote:
Hi

How can I disable those nightly/monthly/... periodic scripts? I don't need them, these days professional monitoring software such as nagios is used to monitor 200+ systems. I can't read 200 mails showing me hundreds of lines of output even if nothings happening. Am I just deleting all the /etc/periodic/* stuff or is there a switch like: turn_off_ancient_system_administration="YES" ?

Tnx.

If you really want to disable cron, put

cron_enable="NO"

in /etc/rc.conf

Or, the OP can just comment the periodic lines within:

  /etc/crontab

That way other cron jobs will still run.