On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:

Hi!

I have here severe problems with installing stuff. I tried to
recompile xemacs 21.4 and got a:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc.so.6" not found, required by
"install-info"
I searched google and it seems that this is from FreeBSD 6 while I am
running 7 and I have only libc.so.7 on my system.
I wondered, tried to compile xemacs 21.5 from the sources and ran into
some other trouble. I figured that I'll do a a cvsup with FreeBSD
7.0-stable and do a portupgrade -ra to do an upgrade for all packages;
hoping that the trouble wents away and I get some kind of xemacs with
mule-support installed. But the portupgrade ran into some problems
because of a stale dependency (ORBit2-2.14.10 -> libIDL-0.8.9_1
(devel/libIDL).
I want to install now this stale dependency and get the same error:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc.so.6" not found, required by
"install-info"

Anyone who can help here?

The temporary quick fix is to install the misc/compat6x port.  Someone
else has advised you how to make the correct permanent fix.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html