Ports 1433 and 1434 should be blocked anyway! You are correct indeed
Miguel.... THAT was the little Sapphire bugger that tanked part of the
'net recently
Regards,
-Colin

+>
+> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:40:23 -0600
+> Eric Six <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
+>
+> Howdy,
+>
+> > I just installed 5.0AXP and am locking it down a bit and I have two
+> > open ports I cannot figure out what they are:
+> >
+> > Port       State       Service
+> > 22/tcp     open        ssh
+> > 1433/tcp   filtered    ms-sql-s
+> > 1434/tcp   filtered    ms-sql-m
+>
+> > No sql on this box.. I am stumped...
+>
+> Is that a remote nmap? Could very well be your ISP filtering
+> those out
+> to prevent spreading of the SQL worm. Note they are filtered.