Hi

actually it works fine :-)
I just installed previously the wrong version of the kernel source tree ... I use current while I'm using stable, that's why some files where missing.

Now it's ok, I'm using the binary driver :-)

Thanks for your help, checking all the steps of the standard installation helped me a lot to find out what's going on.

Sébastien

Sébastien Morand wrote:
[snip]
nv-freebsd.h:76:24: error: pci/agpvar.h: No such file or directory

[snip]
So a file is missing. I try this:
# cd work/NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86-169.12/src/ && mkdir pci && cd pci && ln -s /usr/src/sys/dev/agp/agpvar.h && cd ../../../../ && make install

Hmmm.  I think it complained about /usr/src/sys/pci/agpvar.h.  It looks
like you have put an agpvar.h among the nvidia files instead.

I have a 7300 GT myself, and it works fine with nvidia.ko.  The only
thing I did before this install was to download kernel sources.