Dear Mr. Questions:  I have just spent about one-half hour "browsing"
the website, looking for the list of package distributions, unsuccessfully.
Perhaps the most dismaying was the page:
http://www.freebsd.org/applications.html
which contains a link self-described as "packages collection" which
takes you to the OS distribution page, unrelated to packages.
Entering "package" or "packages" into the (sic) search engine each
yield a null result.  It is a crying shame that one of the most unique
and fruitful features of my favorite operating system should be so
obfuscated.
   Thanks,
     \DaveW
--
       Dave Woodruff - System Admn - RadOnc Computer Support
      Vox: 415/353-9818  Fax: 415/353-9883  Pgr: 415/443-2896