On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 08:42:51AM -0700, Scott Gasch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the squeezecenter port -- when I stop it (via
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/squeezecenter stop or via system shutdown or via kill -9
> pid) it hangs the machine instantly, every time.  There is nothing in the
> system or all log about what happened.  I'm running FreeBSD
> wannabe.guru.org6.2-RELEASE-p11 FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p11.  Has anyone
> ever seen this before
> and / or have any advice short of hooking up a kernel debugger?  If a kernel
> debugger is the next step, can someone point me at a good guide?

You're going to need a kernel debugger.  The developers handbook has
information:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html

You might also try upgrading to 6.3 since it's unlikely we'll do an
errata to fix this for 6.2.

My guess would be that you're seeing a bug related to multicast and
mDNSResponderPosix, but it could be something else.

-- Brooks