On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 13:15:50 +0200 (CEST)
Wojciech Puchar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > PLEASE CONTACT ADOBE. TELL THEM TO RELEASE A FLASH PLUGIN FOR
> > FREEBSD.
> >There are more and more websites you cannot even enter without a
> >running Flash Player.
>
> so don't watch them. their author definitely are not interested in
> providing real information, as it can't go without flash.
>
> while there is a lot of pages that are unreadable without flash, non
> of them contain useful informations.

I find that assumption grossly inaccurate. I have experienced
difficulties numerous times trying to access financial institutions
without a working flash plug-in. I just had another bad experience with
a linksys site using Opera:

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_CASupport_C1&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1175238286492&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=8649286492H30&displaypage=download

The lack of an easy to install and maintain flash program is one of the
main reasons I maintain a WinXP machine. Not the only reason perhaps,
but nevertheless an important one.

--
Gerard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

God help those who do not help themselves.

        Wilson Mizner