Hi,

Recently we updated our main NFS server to FreeBSD 6.3. This machine serves about 10 netboot clients all running FreeBSD 6.2. Since the upgrade we are having some issues with locking. We tried to avoid running the lockd daemons at all but most software on the netboot clients (Apache, Postfix) refuses to run without it.

On the 6.3 server rpc.lockd leaks memory, somewhat less than 1 meg per hour. This means that every few days we need to restart the daemon. This is quite annoying because we need to stop/start rpc.lockd on both the server and the clients in a controlled fashion. In most cases also the daemons using locking need to be restarted.

Is this a known issue? I could not find a PR for it. Maybe a workaround? I found some recent posts on the -current list about a complete rewrite of the locking mechanism, will this be ported to 6-STABLE in the future?

Regards,

Mark