I've got an 7.0 amd64 system that plugging in any umass device will
cause it to immediately crash.  You can plug in any ugen, ucom, or ums
with no ill effects and they work fine.  Modern man cannot live
without the usb flash device.  Anyone have any ideas? I have 7.0-rc1
i386 on a laptop that also behaves mysteriously with umass devices
(although it just takes 5 minutes to mount and then has gibberish, not
a crash) - am I just special?  I haven't heard anything about this on
the list.

Steve