Hello all,

First off I'm a total newbie to FreeBSD and the UNIX world.

I installed FreeBSD 7 about 1 wk ago and I'm about to give up at this point as
I'm having video problems but it seems like such a great OS I want to fix it.

My video hardware:

Integrated onboard Intel video card, 965 chipset using the system memory

Here is the problem;

I have GNOME (version that comes with FreeBSD 7) for an interface and initially
when it loaded my mouse didn't work.  I used the xorgconfig, xorgcfg did not
work.  Once I ran the configuration utility and the new xorg.conf file was
created I rebooted and now I have a mouse but the screen resolution is
extremely low (everything is huge).  Before I ran the utility and loaded gnome
the resolution was very decent (but I had no mouse).  I know they're probably
unrelated.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

p.s. I discovered on X.org that the Intel 965 chipset is 'now' supported in
release X11R7.2.  Would upgrading X be the smartest thing to do but my question
since I'm a total newbie is... how do I do that :)

Thanks for any advice

Ian