Hi folks,

a few years ago, I tried to use FreeBSD's make under GNU/Linux, and thanks
to `jpd' on c.u.b.f.misc, I managed to build FreeBSD 4.7's make under
some GNU/Linux systems. Having a couple makefiles using make's features
that were introduced after 4.7, I would like to build a more up-to-date,
make.

Before I start, I am double checking nobody has done the job yet, and nobody has it in the works. So, if you know anything about this, I would be very happy you share the info with me!

By the way, I am not sure the way FreeBSD's make program should be called: the divine documentation in the PSD refers to `pmake', as well as some source files, but Mac OS X uses `bsdmake', and in many FreeBSD's docs it is just `make'.
--
Thanks for your kind attention,
Michaël