On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 08:15:41 +0100,
Dieter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I never saw mlock(2) fail in 6.2 but with 7.0 I sometimes
> get mlock(2) failed: Resource temporarily unavailable.

That's error EAGAIN:

     [EAGAIN]           Locking the indicated range would exceed
                        either the system or per-process limit
                        for locked memory.

You are hitting either the `vm.max_wired' limit, or the per-process
RLIMIT_MEMLOCK limit.

> What changed and how do I fix it?

It would be nice if you could run a test program that prints the value of
vm.max_wired and RLIMIT_MEMLOCK on 6.2 and then on 7.0.  As an extra test,
it may be worth printing these values in the log of your application when
mlock(2) fails.