On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 06:19:11PM -0800, BSD baby wrote:
> Does the default install of XFree86 4.2 binaries from the
> FreeBSD 4.7 CD-Rom lack any drivers?  PCI video drivers, maybe?
>

> When I set up a new FreeBSD 4.7 box from CD-Rom I choose the
> option to install "all sources + XFree binaries" since I'm
> going to be running XFree86/KDE.
>
> Usually it's not a problem, but on a new box with no AGP slot,
> I've tried TWO different XFree-approved PCI video cards and
> BOTH give me this error:
>
> ------------
> Fatal server error:
> XFree86 has found a valid card configuration.
> Unfortunately the appropriate data has not been added to xf86PciInfo.h.
> ------------
>

> my "scanpci -v" has this:
>
> pci bus 0x0000 cardnum 0x0b function 0x00: vendor 0x10de device 0x002d
>  NVidia Riva TNT2 M64
>   STATUS    0x02b0  COMMAND 0x0007
>   CLASS     0x03 0x00 0x00  REVISION 0x15
>   BIST      0x00  HEADER 0x00  LATENCY 0x20  CACHE 0x00
>   BASE0     0xde000000  addr 0xde000000  MEM
>   BASE1     0xdc000008  addr 0xdc000000  MEM PREFETCHABLE
>   MAX_LAT   0x01  MIN_GNT 0x05  INT_PIN 0x01  INT_LINE 0x0b

I believe you have to go through the "non-trivial" exercise of
installing the Nvidia driver..I have not done this yet, due to lack of
patience, but several people on the list have been there and done it,
look back in the recent archives for long discussions on it...
Or probably someone else will give you a pointer.
Nvidia support for FreeBSD is very new.

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson