Hello. I've installed FreeBSD 7.0 on one of my machines and I also went through the buildworld/buildkernel/installkernel/installworld procedures. Whenever my machine gets restarted the FreeBSD bootloader doesn't start correctly, meaning that graphically the boot options don't show up screen anymore. This happened only after I 'make installworld' and rebooted my machine. As you can see, the kernel messages are not displayed either. From the bootloader section I'm jumping directly to my login prompt. It seems that some file(s) in the /boot directory has been modified and it's not interpreted correctly anymore. One last thing that I have to mention: I did not touch any file in /boot.

BTX loader 1.0  BTX version is 1.01
Consoles: internal video/keyboard
Bios drive C: is disk0
Bios 639kB/1039104kB available memory

FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 1.1
([EMAIL PROTECTED], Sun Apr 13  00:04:39 EDT 2008)
> \
\: unknown command
-
/boot/kernel/kernel text=0x2d6c34 data=0x2e180+0x280dc
syms=[0x4+0x3a390+0x4+0x4bdcf]
Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or any other key for command prompt.
Booting [/boot/kernel/kernel]...
\
FreeBSD/i386 (fbsd.lan) (ttyv0)

login: