At 02:02 PM 4/13/2008, Eric wrote:
hello,

does anyone know what I can do to fix the following problem? Every time my FreeBSd 6.2 machine reboots, none of the scripts in the /usr/local/etc/rc.d directory launch the various programs i have defined in my rc.conf file. when i added

rc_info=yes
rc_debug=yes

to rc.conf i see things getting evaluated, but nothing is launched. this forces someone to log in locally to the machine and start openssh so i can get to the box.

does anyone know what could be causing this?

you may need:
local_startup="/usr/local/etc/rc.d"
in /etc/rc.conf

        -Derek