At 06:25 PM 4/14/2008, Simon Gao wrote:
Hi,

I need to work on some files and directories that have spaces in them like:

interesting story\2008 March\{story one,story two}.

When using find with -exec, part of the file/directory name will be missing and therefore lead to error.

What should I do to put escape key in there to include full names?

Simon

try using double quotes and wild cards where the spaces are, such as:

find / -name "interesting*story\2008*March\{story*one,story*two}"

        -Derek

believed to be clean.