--- Barry Byrne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > WITHOUT_APACHE_OPTIONS=yes
> >
> > I tried this too, and it doesnt help...
> >
> > Whether in /etc/make.conf or passed with -m as an
> > option to portinstall, it just doesnt want to
> build
> > the proxy modules. I dont know why....
> >
> > In my make output, I get:

> > checking whether to enable mod_setenvif... shared
> > checking whether to enable mod_version... shared
> > checking whether to enable mod_proxy... no
> > checking whether to enable mod_proxy_connect... no
> > checking whether to enable mod_proxy_ftp... no
> > checking whether to enable mod_proxy_http... no
> > checking whether to enable mod_proxy_ajp... no
> > checking whether to enable mod_proxy_balancer...
> no
> > ..
> >
> > No matter what i do :-(
> >
> > Jen
>
> Are you sure you're working on apache22 rather than
> v13 or v20?
>
> I never use portinstall, just run make directly in
> the port directory.
>
> Maybe something like:
>
>  cd /usr/ports/www/apache22
>  make clean
>  make WITH_PROXY_MODULES=yes WITH_SSL_MODULES=yes
> WITHOUT_APACHE_OPTIONS=yes
> install clean
>
> Alternatively,
>
>  cd /usr/ports/www/apache22
>  make clean
>  make config
>  make install clean
>
> Should allow you to select the appropriate options.

I am sure it was apache22, and i tried both using the
flags with portinstall, and doing it directly with
make
in the directory.

In any case, after repeatedly trying and re-trying,
one of my attempts just worked :-)

I dont know why and i dont think i did anything
different than the last dozen times, but it is working
now. Thanks everyone for the help!

Jen