Unga wrote:
Hi all

I'm looking for papers or documentation covering
details of the UFS2 Journaling implementation of the
FreeBSD.

Please give me links to them if you guys know any.

Many thanks in advance.

There's no such thing as UFS2 Journalling in FreeBSD (yet). There's "gjournal" which is journaling on the data layer (below the file system, and only with very limited integration with the file system). This implementation is not documented (except for usage here: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=gjournal&manpath=FreeBSD+7.0-RELEASE), but there's a small (and very old) high-level overview in my proposal on which the current gjournal is based, here: http://wiki.freebsd.org/gjournal_proposal . Ignore the bits about "delay-commit". See also here: http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3624+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2006/freebsd-geom/20060625.freebsd-geom