On Thursday 17 April 2008 04:32:41 Gilles wrote:

> Actually, we don't necessarily need an FTP. Whatever solution to send
> files is fine, provided I can add this feature in a VB Classic client
> application.

Depends a bit on the max filesize and number of files. You can do a HTTP POST
request, using a simple upload script (numerous examples of those to be found
on the web). Of course, the traffic for that is larger since it will be
base64 encoded. On the plus side, you don't need local user accounts on the
ftp server, while still having full control over where the files end up.

This can get tedious if you have multiple small files, or filesizes in the
order >100M.
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.