> > On Wednesday 12 February 2003 11:17, Daxbert wrote:
> >
> > > One option... cheat
> > >
> > > Make your dns server authoritative
> > > for doubleclick.net, and have no entries
> > > (or optionally your own web server as an * entry)
> > > in the zone file.
> >
> > So, would that mean I should create an entry in named.conf like:
> >
> > zone "doubleclick.net" {
> > type master;
> > file "doubleclick.net";
> > };
> >
> > and then don't have a doubleclick.net ... or should I create an empty file?
> > ... or?
> >
> > > named stores it's cache in memory. You can get a dump
> > > of the current cache.. don't remember the exact syntax
> > > but it's in the man page.
> >
> > Hmm, so every time I reboot I loose my cache? But still, if I visit eg.
> > <http://www.politiken.dk> and wait untill it's loaded (ie. finished resolving
> > doubleclick.net) and then hit reload it ought to go a lot quicker. But it
> > doesn't, takes just as long. :-/
> >
> > Bjarne

about  "takes just as long"

Are you sure it's the DNS resolution that's slowing you down? and not the
javascript download / cookie transfer / ad picture issues with doubleclick?

If you use the empty zone trick, you should no longer have these delays. But pages
may not render as expected.  ( e.g. [x] images )

--daxbert