Marco Beishuizen wrote:
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 07:44:59 -0600
Eric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

are you changing the kernel security level in your rc.conf file? if
so, comment it out and reboot. that was an issue i had on a 6.x box
recently and commenting out the security level change fixed it

When I do a "sysctl -a | grep kern.securelevel" I get:
"kern.securelevel: -1". Shouldn't this be 0 or 1?

securelevel -1 is fine. This is the default:
quote from init(8):

-1    Permanently insecure mode - always run the system in level 0 mode.
      This is the default initial value.

Your problem lies elsewhere. I've looked at your rc.conf, and I can't really say I can see anything except this:

accf_http_load="YES"

which should be in /boot/loader.conf (?)
You have a lot of stuff, I would suggest you comment out most of them and put them back in one by one.