Hi people,

        For several years I've been grumblish about us open-src folks not
        having flash (and whatever toys come with the package.   A lot of
        web site require (or insist that the require the latest flash.
        Long-story-short -- and I nay be wrong about this -- but it seems
        that the main use of flash is for animated ads.  When I recently
        began
        portupgrding stuff, I found my 2.4Gh/1G RAM desktop almost
        brought to a stop.  top showed the kde-gnash was one culprit;
        so: Is there a way of turning these animated ads off?  firefox is
        the best browser, but had no tts builtin, and having builr kttsd
        and other speech apps, I usually use Konqueror.

        I'd feel real warm+funny nuking the ads that churn my uprocessor.

        gary