I have built quite a few FBSD-ipfw routers/bridges the last while, and now I want to take it to the next level. I would like to copy an entire FreeBSD install to CD and then do the following:

- Boot from external media and create a 2GB memory disk
- Copy the contents of the entire FreeBSD install on the CD to the memory disk
- Load FreeBSD from the memory disk, as it would as if I was booting normally from HDD
- Work on the pc as normal.

The reason for this is so I can make my boxes much smaller and much faster (no hdd i/o).

1. Is it possible to do a custom r/o install of Free onto a CD?
2. Is it possible to run FreeBSd out of memory with no hdd?

Tks for all help in advance.

Steve Bertrand