I have built quite a few FBSD-ipfw routers/bridges the last while, and now I want to take it to the next level. I would like to copy an entire FreeBSD install to CD and then do the following:
- Boot from external media and create a 2GB memory disk
- Copy the contents of the entire FreeBSD install on the CD to the
- Load FreeBSD from the memory disk, as it would as if I was booting
normally from HDD
- Work on the pc as normal.
The reason for this is so I can make my boxes much smaller and much
faster (no hdd i/o).
1. Is it possible to do a custom r/o install of Free onto a CD?
2. Is it possible to run FreeBSd out of memory with no hdd?
Tks for all help in advance.
To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message