On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 09:35, stan wrote:
> When I try to make install the fontconfig port, the make hangs foreer in
> the "creating packing list: step. I let it run ovnight, and it never
> finished.
>
> What can I do to fix this?

You have a bad font or font path somewhere.  fontconfig runs the command
fc-cache to build a font cache for use with Xft.  If you have a bad font
or a symlink loop somewhere in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts, you will get
this behavior.  I recommend going through your fonts, and removing
anything you may have added.

Joe